terrible rotting rose I see
a terrible rotting rose i be?
at once-in present-a young fern
for now i take a sordid turn
the nights that now i see may lie
are things to which i must comply
the love that in my heart now lives
to me, it seems new light it gives
but prose is all i have in faith
is only where my heart feels safe
to say the word i want to share
would be my wilted heart to bear
these words to you too much would be
in soul of soul i know to me
and in this hour of drunk content
my apprehension i repent
I yearn to tell you how i feel
but words are meager to the keel
In half a fortnight we shall meet
There i will be, with words deplete
I can no more imagine you
when I see you love, it is true
I fear that at these words you scoff
but lives of love have turned my cuff
to feel your hand embrace in mine
will be for me the start of time
I see the lines that make your face
i feel them live in your strong grace
I hear the words i want to feel
because to me you are not real
and when i see you once again
your face will be of all strong men
who have loved me in lust and haste
my time with you i will not waste
Monday, 4 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment